Wildlife Conservation


Frequently Asked Questions

All information provided within this FAQ applies to Cherokee Nation Citizens and is effective January 1, 2022.

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens if a Cherokee Nation citizen receives a ticket for not having a state-issued hunting/fishing license?

Cherokee Nation and the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation have cross-deputization agreements to ensure enforcement of tribal and state wildlife laws across the Cherokee Nation Reservation. However, it is possible that you could be cited for hunting and fishing without a license. If you receive a ticket for hunting without a license from an Oklahoma game warden while hunting within the Cherokee Nation reservation boundaries, contact the Cherokee Nation Wildlife Department at wildlife@cherokee.org or call 918-453-5333.